Page 1 of 304 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra Buss - Mt. Carmel, IL

Default Tyra Buss - Mt. Carmel, IL

Went to see the 4th ballgame of her high school career today in Robinson. Tyra is the most unselfish player i've ever seen. Love her game knowledge and the way she plays with her head up. She'd just as easily take the assist as the points. So far, she's scored 28, 33, 31 and 34 today (126 points). The Lady Aces play Robinson tonite for the championship of the Robinson Tournament. I fully expect the Lady Aces one game scoring record of 36 to fall soon (held currently by my daughter, Emily Williams). Can't wait to see her do it - thought it was going to be today, but she came out with 34 points and 6 minutes to go. She is amazing.

I'm going to keep this thread going to keep you updated on Tyra, whom I firmly believe will go down as the greatest athlete ever in Mt. Carmel History. You may laugh at that - but consider this. She's been in high school for 3 months now. She's already gone to the IHSA state tennis tournament and advanced further than any boy or girl from MCHS. PLUS - she's already gone to the IHSA state cross country tournament.

If you ever get a chance to go out and see her play - take that opportunity. It is something special.

Tyra and Mom & Dad (Kelly & Tim Buss)

Tyra - National Punt Pass & Kick Finalist

Tyra - National Elks Hoops Shoot Finalist

Oh - and she's a straight A student too.....Great Kid - Great Future

Thanks for the update...I remember a thread about her in junior high. She will be fun to follow!

Default Named Robinson All Tourney 1st Team

Aces win a close one tonite and claim the Robinson Invitational Tournament. Aces are now 5-0 on the season. Tyra had 31 points tonite. 157 career. She was one of 5 girls from the 8 teams named 1st Team All Tournament. The first of many accolades from her high school basketball career.
    Last edited by Golden Ace; 11-30-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Best female basketball player/athlete in the tri-state since Brittney Johnson played at Olney. Tyra has a bright future ahead of her and I'm guessing at whatever school she wants to play for!!!!

What do you consider the tri-state?

Illinois, Indiana & Kentucky is the obvious answer considering her home location.

Although I will probably never see her participate in any of the many athletic events that she excels in, I do enjoy reading everything you post. Quite amazing.

Although you added a picture you left out her success in the Punt Pass and Kick competition - she has won the STL region multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ace View Post
    Illinois, Indiana & Kentucky is the obvious answer considering her home location.
    Thanks! I thought that was what you meant. Very bold statement considering the talent in the 4A schools in the state of Illinois alone.
    I don't know when we might get a chance to see her, but hopefully we will sometime in her career.

How tall is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ace View Post
    Yes, I do mean Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky.

She is an amazing Athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDy Corporation View Post
    How tall is she?
    5 foot 6 inch range probably.

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by ball4URon View Post
    Thanks! I thought that was what you meant. Very bold statement considering the talent in the 4A schools in the state of Illinois alone.
    I don't know when we might get a chance to see her, but hopefully we will sometime in her career.
    I think he was talking tri-state, not three-state area. Generally, that's from Flora (Salem if they want to be) to Harrisburg to Madisonville, KY to Washington, IN.

That being said, it's hard to imagine many others with as many high accomplishments in as many or more sports. Tyra doesn't really have time for volleyball or baseball/softball, though I have a feeling that she has good enough hand-eye coordination to hold her own in both.

Very bold statement considering the talent in the 4A schools in the state of Illinois alone.
    My guess is the localized tri-state area. The Quincy-area is also the tri-states (IL, MO, IA), and when you say best in the tri-states in that area, it means the region, not all three states as a whole. Don't know if that's what the poster meant, but I am guessing it is regionalized not all-encompassing three states.

Page 1 of 304 123451151101 ... LastLast