Thread: 2017 Summer - Extended HS Season

Plus Member

Default 2017 Summer - Extended HS Season

Anyone interested in starting an extended season high school league? I think this has caught on more up North than down here in Southeastern IL.

Thinking about playing Monday/Thursday double headers. Perhaps home and away depending on the number of teams. Try to wrap up first part of July.

Teams should be comprised of kids in your HS program that will return the following year. For instance next summer players eligible would be incoming freshmen through juniors. 2017 seniors would not be eligible to play.

Edwards County and Flora are interested so far. Looking for teams within a reasonable driving distance.

PM me if interested or comment on here.

Thanks.
    My teams: West Salem Warriors, EC Lions, Fighting Illini, Fighting Irish,Evansville Purple Aces, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Cardinals

Plus Member

Additional interest from CORL and North Clay.

Still looking for more teams. Let me know if interested.
    My teams: West Salem Warriors, EC Lions, Fighting Illini, Fighting Irish,Evansville Purple Aces, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Cardinals

Altamont has some interest. Wonder if we could meet one day to go over specifics.

Plus Member

PM me Names and email addresses. I'm going to send a group message to everyone that has responded so far and see what we can figure out.

Thanks.

Plus Member

I have 7 teams confirmed for summer season:

Edwards County
    Flora
    North Clay
    South Central
    Centralia
    Vandalia
    Robinson

Would really like to get one more team so that we don't have a bye during the week. Plans are to play 6 inning DH's on Mondays/Thursdays (days flexible with two teams involved). Start June 5th and be finished on July 6th.

Let me know if you would like more information. Good chance to have a schedule already made up for you and get some good development for your returning players!

Thanks.

Plus Member

No longer accepting teams for this summer, and the schedule has been created.

If you are interested in joining for the summer of 2018, please PM me and I'll get you on the next list. Great way to develop your future teams and not have the hassle of creating your own schedule.

Plus Member

Bump...

2017 Inaugural season is in the books. Rain got in the way a few times, but most teams got their games in. I expect all 7 teams to return, and looking to continue to build this.

Teams consist of returning players on YOUR high school team. Drop your seniors after spring season and get some more games in. Excellent league to develop your returning players and do some experimenting. We played two double headers (5 or 6 innng games depending on travel time) on Monday/Thursdays. Most teams switch pitchers every two innings to get guys work. Several batted the roster.

I plan on completing the schedule by November 1st. We will play every Monday/Thursday in June and are looking at possibly having a season ending tourney the week of July 2nd (take the 4th off).

If interested or have questions, let me know!