Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitrary Miltiplier: It either is or isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by IHSAClinician View Post
    Says the guy names "Sparky."

How about this, before calling someone names and especially an idiot, why not dispute what I just said? Dispute why people go to schools? Dispute how players often transfer in mulitple sports? Dispute why I worked a public school yesterday that had about 2 major transfers on their team? Talk about that and tell me why a public school was allowed to have kids transfer that makes a team much better after their D1 player left their program and now playing on a national stage? Why not tell us why that happened and there were no private schools involved?
    You seem tense Mr. BIGSHOT.
    One Tin Soldier Rides Away

Quote Originally Posted by 25sparky View Post
    You seem tense Mr. BIGSHOT.
    You seem lonely. I am good. But that will go over your head as well.
    "I like 'em brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian. Name is Phife Dawg from the Zulu Nation. Told you in the jam that we can get down. Now let's knock the boots like the group H-Town. You got BBD all on your bedroom wall. But I'm above the rim and this is how I ball."

RIP Phife Dawg

Plus Member

Decisions for parents to leave one area and move to another for jobs, family reasons, etc that forces their superstar kid to transfer to another school is logical. A kid that transfers to another school to live with other family members to be in that school district, whether it be for family issues and a better environment for the kid is understandable.

Kids whose parents don't move, live in a school district close to a private school and decide to have or let their kid transfer to said private school is fine as well.

The issues are when kids transfer to another public school and don't live in that district, or a kid transfers to a private school and has to move in with friends or family to attend the school, any school that allows kids in that are private or public schools with kids out of district should be multiplied, that's what is being done currently, but is the multiplier fair across the board, no.

Small schools like Freeport Aquin, Sterling Newman, Ottawa Marquette, Jacksonville Routt, Alton Marquette, etc are not going to be world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but they will still be successful, to a point. Aquin and Routt being multiplied doesn't change anything for them. Newman plays mainly in 2A or 3A, once always in 1A in the 6 class system. But when you have suburban areas offering kids to move schools from public to private, and you see the backgrounds of some of these kids, you know **** well their families aren't coughing up 10k a year to send their kid to a private school. This isn't college, private schools that accept transfers and are paying a portion or all of the tuition for that kid to be there should be multiplied more than the smaller private schools, or they should not be allowed to compete, like public schools that get caught doing the same thing.

You can say what you want about your accredited info on IHSA and all that stuff, I personally do not care as I like to see the best schools play as well, but there are many situations that discredit what you're baffling on about. It's not about rural Illinois and what's best for rural Illinois, it should be about what's best for the competition factor across the board, ie Immaculate Conception in 2A in 08 had no business being in 2A that year or any other year. Same could be said for Bishop Mac last year in 3A.

You're right decisions are made all the time, but don't forget too that football and basketball are the biggest revenue generators for all schools, and that's where the biggest problems reside.

You seem lonely. I am good. But that will go over your head as well.
    But the reality is Jeffrey that it takes alot more effort to get something over my head(and most others) than yours...just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampy 32 View Post
    The issues are when kids transfer to another public school and don't live in that district, or a kid transfers to a private school and has to move in with friends or family to attend the school, any school that allows kids in that are private or public schools with kids out of district should be multiplied, that's what is being done currently, but is the multiplier fair across the board, no.
    I do not disagree with this at all, but that also has nothing to do with sports. Parents that have family members in other districts use all kinds of advantages to get kids into a place close to other family or even friends. But that is going to be done regardless of sports.

Small schools like Freeport Aquin, Sterling Newman, Ottawa Marquette, Jacksonville Routt, Alton Marquette, etc are not going to be world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but they will still be successful, to a point. Aquin and Routt being multiplied doesn't change anything for them. Newman plays mainly in 2A or 3A, once always in 1A in the 6 class system. But when you have suburban areas offering kids to move schools from public to private, and you see the backgrounds of some of these kids, you know **** well their families aren't coughing up 10k a year to send their kid to a private school. This isn't college, private schools that accept transfers and are paying a portion or all of the tuition for that kid to be there should be multiplied more than the smaller private schools, or they should not be allowed to compete, like public schools that get caught doing the same thing.
    And all these schools you mentioned are basically isolated. There are not schools around the corner. Many of the schools in the suburbs or Chicago area are literally several private schools alone to attend, it just comes down to who can attend or not. Since some love to mention Montini, well they are with 10 or 15 miles from about 5 private schools that a kid could attend for any number of reasons. And if I am coughing up 10K (which is not how much it cost for many of these schools) and I live in Naperville, Wheaton or Glen Ellyn, I probably can afford a move. I do not need to change jobs or even lifestyle to do such a move. I just move down the street to make my life easier for my kid to go to school every day. I know people that work in downtown Chicago and have moved a couple of times to go to the better school district for their kids. And that has nothing to do with sports either.

You can say what you want about your accredited info on IHSA and all that stuff, I personally do not care as I like to see the best schools play as well, but there are many situations that discredit what you're baffling on about. It's not about rural Illinois and what's best for rural Illinois, it should be about what's best for the competition factor across the board, ie Immaculate Conception in 2A in 08 had no business being in 2A that year or any other year. Same could be said for Bishop Mac last year in 3A.
    I do not consider my "accredited info" to mean anything other than I am around more schools than those that claim to know something about the schools they are discussing in this or any discussion. Heck I could know more by just living in this area and talking to parents. Not uncommon to talk to parents or people I know where they kids go to a specific school. Just going to church this becomes a discussion. When people find out I am an official, that conversation becomes more often as they want to talk about the schools their kids go to or the teams they think I have seen.

Also, IC is in Elmhurst and right around the corner from other private schools. Bishop Mac is in Kankakee, but they are in the CCL and not totally isolated from the other schools in their conference.

You're right decisions are made all the time, but don't forget too that football and basketball are the biggest revenue generators for all schools, and that's where the biggest problems reside.
    I am aware. And why I reference what happens in Basketball often in these discussions. Football movement is very in the shadows because most players are not getting the kind of pub that basketball players do. Basketball has many transfers from one program to another and yes it might improve a program, but usually only does just that. It does not result in a title or even greater success. And many of those transfers are public to public schools. The rules are not different in basketball than football. The transfer rules are the same, but when a top player leaves a public school to go to another public school, it is usually covered heavily in the media.

I had a public school football coach tell me a few years ago, "I have to recruit my own kids or they will go somewhere else." And he was not referring to them going to a private school. He realized that if he did not do the right things, his players would just go to another school. Unlike the schools you mentioned, it does not take a lot to move from one place to another, especially if you do not own a home. And there are families, very willing to make that kind of decision to get their kids into the right situation. And we are not always talking about some poor kid that family does not have means. A family with means might get an apartment like done in the south suburbs so that their kid will play at another program. A good real estate agent can make this easily happen.
    "I like 'em brown, yellow, Puerto Rican or Haitian. Name is Phife Dawg from the Zulu Nation. Told you in the jam that we can get down. Now let's knock the boots like the group H-Town. You got BBD all on your bedroom wall. But I'm above the rim and this is how I ball."

RIP Phife Dawg

But the reality is Jeffrey that it takes alot more effort to get something over my head(and most others) than yours...just saying.
    You would not know. If you cannot get that basic thing right, you obviously cannot get these other things right. But then again, I have been available, never seen you in anything.

RIP Phife Dawg

Bronze Club - Nov 11, 2016

Well I must be some successful idiot.
    ALL. THESE. WORDS. And not a single kid who transferred into a public school and won a title. Figures.
    My SIG was taken because I doubted dcaudle

Because I am actually around the people you have never had a conversation with about their situations. I actually am exposed to people that actually decide why they go to one school over the other. The person was with me at a game on Saturday with two schools that were with two private/Catholic Schools and she had a conversation with a parent about why she sent her son to one of the schools. And I had nothing to do with the conversation. Do you have those kinds of conversations or do you just run your mouth about what you think is happening? There are real life decisions being made. Not everyone is making them because they care about your rural school and their situation. Now if you can get the IHSA to prevent people from making decisions that personally influence their life, then you might be worth something at this point other than being a whiner on an internet site. Because all you are right now is a whiner. I am have no skin in the game and do not ultimately care. I want to see the best players play the best players and the best teams play the best teams.
    Is there someone out there who can decipher this? I've tried Google translator and it came back as "urban gibberish".

Quote Originally Posted by Stangs4ever View Post
    ALL. THESE. WORDS. And not a single kid who transferred into a public school and won a title. Figures.
    Here is another public to private... "Kendall Lawson left Dakota and played quarterback and point guard for Rockford Lutheran's 2014 state semifinal football and basketball teams." But unfortunately the football team met Phillips in the semis...end of story...and the basketball team met St. Joes in the semis...end of story.

This may not be factual as the information did NOT come from hanging around a high school or talking to parents.
    Last edited by 25sparky; 01-11-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot View Post
    Is there someone out there who can decipher this? I've tried Google translator and it came back as "urban gibberish".
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice man...

Here is another public to private... "Kendall Lawson left Dakota and played quarterback and point guard for Rockford Lutheran's 2014 state semifinal football and basketball teams." But unfortunately the football team met Phillips in the semis...end of story...and the basketball team met St. Joes in the semis...end of story.

This may not be factual as the information did NOT come from hanging around a high school or talking to parents.
    Either way, it is not changing. Complain all you want, but the transfer issue is here to stay and will just "transfer" (pun intended) to public schools if that means the best will play in the best situations. No one cares if your team did not make it to a semi-final.

RIP Phife Dawg

All.... I see Fred Dixson who went to private school all his life RB for Peoria Notre Dame (2,057 yards 31 td's 11.7 per carry) has transferred to Peoria Central last years 5A champ. He will be a senior when he takes the field. Citing cost of attendance and rigorous academic standards as his reason. Ok.... He is on record stating in the PJStar all area football player article for 2016 that came out awhile back that he would like to join another 2000 yard running back on Central for the 2017 season Geno Hess.

Central has coming back enough to be one of the favorites in 2017 to get to DeKalb before this move. Can't blame the kid for the jump regardless of what reasons are given. I do find it amusing public school supporters in the area are unhappy. Ratsy
    Last edited by cornerrat; 01-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Either way, it is not changing. Complain all you want, but the transfer issue is here to stay and will just "transfer" (pun intended) to public schools if that means the best will play in the best situations. No one cares if your team did not make it to a semi-final.
    Either way...you have brought nothing to this discussion. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by cornerrat View Post
    All.... I see Fred Dixson RB for Peoria Notre Dame (2,057 yards 31 td's 11.7 per carry) has transferred to Peoria Central last years 5A champ. Citing cost of attendance and rigorous academic standards as his reason. Ok.... He is on record stating in the PJStar all area football player article for 2016 that came out awhile back that he would like to join another 2000 yard running back on Central for the 2017 season Geno Hess.

Central has coming back enough to be one of the favorites in 2017 to get to DeKalb before this move. Can't blame the kid for the jump regardless of what reasons are given. I do find it amusing public school supporters in the area are unhappy. Ratsy
    So he is playing in the district he belongs to in the first place? And that is somehow an issue?

Its amusing that you thought this was something...

All.... 17. Ratsy