Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Mt. Olive / Bunker Hill Football Co-op

Default Possible Mt. Olive / Bunker Hill Football Co-op

Informational meetings are being held in both towns to discuss this topic. If you use the 2016 football enrollments, the combined team would be about 346 in 2A. Haven't heard anything about the conference affiliation, I would assume it would remain Prairie State. Anybody know more?

Plus Member
    Steam room or VIP lounge.....Royal Lakes Yacht Club.

Quote Originally Posted by 96Illini View Post
    Informational meetings are being held in both towns to discuss this topic. If you use the 2016 football enrollments, the combined team would be about 346 in 2A. Haven't heard anything about the conference affiliation, I would assume it would remain Prairie State. Anybody know more?
    Makes sense if the PSC's going to keep Marquette and Wood River. What are the numbers at each school... 25-30?

The PSC could be changing in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta490 View Post
    The PSC could be changing in the near future
    Nice and cryptic...tell us what you know

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96Illini View Post
    Nice and cryptic...tell us what you know
    Touched on in this thread.

http://www.illinoishighschoolsports....t=#post1880180

Quote Originally Posted by reggie dunlop View Post
    Makes sense if the PSC's going to keep Marquette and Wood River. What are the numbers at each school... 25-30?
    This is guessing from the games this year I seen.

Mt. Olive had 22 players (according to the telegraph pre season paper)Maxpreps list 22 players.
    Bunker Hill had rough guess 25-28 players. Maxpreps list 26 players.

Plus Member

Heard a Mt. Olive official on WSMI today. Sound like both BoE's have approved this plan and it will be implemented next fall pending conference approval. The plan is to have both schools names represented, a neutral uniform color with trim from both, and split games and practices equally.

I've heard nothing official but "feelers" are out for new homes for a couple teams.

I've heard the new coop between BH and Mt. Olive would have a new name, colors and nickname.

I have not heard that they are doing 100% for sure yet. I know Mt. Olive contacted Gillespie too. Seen it in the paper today and it said Gillespie BoE was going to ask for more information about it.

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by reggie dunlop View Post
    Heard a Mt. Olive official on WSMI today. Sound like both BoE's have approved this plan and it will be implemented next fall pending conference approval. The plan is to have both schools names represented, a neutral uniform color with trim from both, and split games and practices equally.
    Here's a podcast of the WSMI interview with Mt Olive Superintendent Patrick Murphy describing the shared football program with Bunker Hill.

http://wsmiradio.com/wire_new/podcas...216_144226.php

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta490 View Post
    I've heard nothing official but "feelers" are out for new homes for a couple teams.
    Its always possible, but I do not see many good options for schools to leave other than EAWR and Marquette. The northern schools (Pawnee and Nokomis) have already left once for another conference and came back, not many other options there. With the Bunker Hill and Mt Olive Coop that will make room for Metro East Lutheran to come back in the conference if they have the numbers. I have been told that there current plan is to continue their program.

It could get even more interesting.

Sources tell me Madison has been in serious preliminary talks to add their own program now that the co-op has expired due to MELHS enrollment.

PSC would be the obvious fit. If Madison does this, BH and MO coop and MELHS doesn't come back, then PSC would be back to 8 teams. Could even go 9 if metro came back. Just for fun...could go 10...lure in Wesclin (and MD drops independent and joins Central in Cahokia.) and just have a full schedule...though I would imagine Pawnee and AM wouldn't be thrilled by that.

PSC was 5-11 in non-conference games last year. Pawnee won 2 of those. The other 3 wins were against Dupo, Blue Ridge and the oddity of BH and MELHS-Mad playing each other twice.

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post

PSC would be the obvious fit. If Madison does this, BH and MO coop and MELHS doesn't come back, then PSC would be back to 8 teams. Could even go 9 if metro came back. Just for fun...could go 10...lure in Wesclin (and MD drops independent and joins Central in Cahokia.) and just have a full schedule...though I would imagine Pawnee and AM wouldn't be thrilled by that.
    Mater Dei has a better chance of getting into the Big 10 then the Cahokia Conference
    Mater Dei Football "Building the Wall of Tradition"
    Sweet 16: 95,98,04,07,10,11,13
    Elite Eight: 92,02,09,16
    Final Four: 93,08,15
    Runner Up: 06
    Breese Mater Dei Football Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Joker-25 View Post
    Mater Dei has a better chance of getting into the Big 10 then the Cahokia Conference
    Yeah, I was just throwing out ideas, lol. I don't think Wesclin would leave either.