Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Possible Mt. Olive / Bunker Hill Football Co-op

Bronze Club - Feb 27, 2017

Who is in the conference in the upcoming year & would this change have any affect on the scheduling since both of these teams were in the conference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 -2A Bracket Challenge Champion in Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by footballcoach5 View Post
    If they go BHMO, I also like Bucks or Bobcats. I like the idea of the deer, because of the area and an interest that the students have, so if they become South Mac, I think they should go with South Mac Stags. That's an uncommon name and sounds better with South Mac than Bucks. Cool ideas.
    Love it, South Mac Stags would automatically be one of the best original team names in the area. Hopefully somebody from MO or BH is on this thread and can propose this!

Quote Originally Posted by 96Illini View Post
    Love it, South Mac Stags would automatically be one of the best original team names in the area. Hopefully somebody from MO or BH is on this thread and can propose this!
    I agree! I think you could come up with some sweet decals/logos for that. I know it's been mentioned before, but it really could gain a lot of support from the student-athletes and maybe motivate some other kids to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawkpride31 View Post
    Who is in the conference in the upcoming year & would this change have any affect on the scheduling since both of these teams were in the conference?

Currently in the conference
    Alton Marquette
    BHMO (Bunker Hill Mt. Olive Co-op)
    Dupo
    EAWR
    Nokomis
    Pawnee
    Kincaid (South Fork)

This affects schedule for everyone unless another team comes in (which is rumor of Madison or MEL) maybe coming back (but I'm not sure on anything of that, just heard some people say this). This is why some schools wanted to wait till next year to do so teams would have a chance to find a non-conference opponent to play.

Bronze Club - Feb 27, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ATCBigE View Post
    Currently in the conference
    Alton Marquette
    BHMO (Bunker Hill Mt. Olive Co-op)
    Dupo
    EAWR
    Nokomis
    Pawnee
    Kincaid (South Fork)

This affects schedule for everyone unless another team comes in (which is rumor of Madison or MEL) maybe coming back (but I'm not sure on anything of that, just heard some people say this). This is why some schools wanted to wait till next year to do so teams would have a chance to find a non-conference opponent to play.
    So let's just say that they can't find a team to play, what then happens? I'm really interested to see how this plays out.

2016 -2A Bracket Challenge Champion in Basketball

2018 will have a 3rd open date for non-conference game
    ROLL TIDE!!! ROLL TRIBE!!!
    Pawnee Indians
    What I don't know, I don't like.
    What I don't like, I don't want.
    What I don't want, I waste
    ~King Leonidas I of Sparta