Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Lanphier High School

Quote Originally Posted by cornerrat View Post
    All.... I talked at work with a Routt graduate just the other day and asked him that exact question. I guess they still have a strong group of donors. Combine that with small facilities and a small teaching staff the school is still surviving at this time. Would like to see the football program come around again. Get the Catholics out of JHS and back "home." Ratsy
    A lot of old money is still floating around the Jacksonville area.
    I love the sports!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikula View Post
    A lot of old money is still floating around the Jacksonville area.
    Old money goes a long way in regards to operating the school itself. It does not, unfortunately, help much with getting prospective students in the door each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamin' Catholic View Post
    Old money goes a long way in regards to operating the school itself. It does not, unfortunately, help much with getting prospective students in the door each year.
    True
    I love the sports!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikula View Post
    True
    St Louis area, Chicagoland area... folks fight to get their kids into private schools. In the rural markets it's generally generation after generation of Catholic families that send their kids through the private schools. It's not until you get to cities around the size of Peoria, Bloomington, or Springfield that you will see anything different. But QND, BMD, Routt, Effingham St. Anthony, Decatur St. Teresa, even Alton Marquettes, Alleman. Generally those are kids who's parents went to private schools. Of course exceptions to this exist, we all know that. But if you dig into QND, BMD, or Routt's enrollments you'll find many of those kids were "born" into that school bc of their parents or family's previous education or religious beliefs.

All.... Well at least the Lions will have an extra day to prepare for their week one game. Springfield plays Friday night at Memorial Stadium and the Lions host Rochester Saturday evening. Might have to check out the Lions and Rockets. Not sure what side I would sit on though.... Ratsy

All.... Well at least the Lions will have an extra day to prepare for their week one game. Springfield plays Friday night at Memorial Stadium and the Lions host Rochester Saturday evening. Might have to check out the Lions and Rockets. Not sure what side I would sit on though.... Ratsy
    In the endzone? Perhaps bring your SHG flag to remind them all... Subtle? Not at all. True and effective? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Roamin' Catholic View Post
    In the endzone? Perhaps bring your SHG flag to remind them all... Subtle? Not at all. True and effective? Absolutely.
    Remind them all of what? 6-5?

Quote Originally Posted by silent bob View Post
    All.... Now Bobbi play nice. 6-5, apples come in all sizes small ones and large ones by the way. Far be it from me to interpret Roamin's post. Might he be referencing 5-2?

Speaking of SHG and Rochester how do think this years match will be? Just curious.... Ratsy

All.... Now Bobbi play nice. 6-5, apples come in all sizes small ones and large ones by the way. Far be it from me to interpret Roamin's post. Might he be referencing 5-2?

Speaking of SHG and Rochester how do think this years match will be? Just curious.... Ratsy
    I honestly couldn't give you an intelligent answer (not that I ever could). With my kids out of high school now, each year I become a little more removed from the scene. Obviously, Rochester has some big shoes to fill...again. All I know for sure is DL and staff are still there (for the most part) and they'll have it figured out. I'm sure you can say the same KL and staff.

All.... Just received an e-mail from a Lion fan I know. He tells me numbers are up. No specifics, but it's a start. Hopefully some extra large bodies so QB Lee won't have to run for his life as much as he did last season. Ratsy

Quote Originally Posted by silent bob View Post
    Daddy Leonard still has a few spankings left in him for sonny boy...

All.... I'm getting disturbed. (more than often -lol) My Lanphier connection (weak as it is, and he is just a die hard Lion fan) now tells me the team will has some "surprises" this year in CS8 football action. I hope he is correct. Love to see that coaching staff create headaches for everyone. Ratsy
    Last edited by cornerrat; 06-24-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415