ROLL TIDE!!! ROLL TRIBE!!!
    Pawnee Indians
    What I don't know, I don't like.
    What I don't like, I don't want.
    What I don't want, I waste
    ~King Leonidas I of Sparta

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    What an opportunity for a team to make the state tournament this year. The Super Sectional in Springfield is the weakest I have ever seen it. Now, keep in mind, it has probably been the best super sectional for the last 10 years. This super is up for grabs by whoever gets hot.

Of all the years of watching this area, there have been some great teams that have been knocked out (Pawnee, Routt, Carrollton) early by another great team. I'd venture to say that those teams would be licking their chops to be involved this year.

On the other hand, it makes it fun. It's wide open. A team that you never thought would get there could be the one representing.....
    It's been pretty weak the last couple of years and if Carrollton had beaten Okawville in either last year or 2015 then they would've been favorites to get to state. This year the teams might actually be better from what I've heard.

Trying to keep up with high school baseball is tough. Not much coverage unless you're around close proximity to Springfield. Is there a site that covers Illinois high school Baseball?
    Pawnee Indians

Plus Member

Article from the Carrollton game: https://www.riverbender.com/articles...emis-20804.cfm

Nokomis beat Greenfield 12-0 and meet up with Carrollton at 2:00 on Saturday. The game could go either way IMO.

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta490 View Post
    Trying to keep up with high school baseball is tough. Not much coverage unless you're around close proximity to Springfield. Is there a site that covers Illinois high school Baseball?
    Particulary 1A baseball. From what I've seen the bigger you are the easier it is to follow like the SWC schools. It's also important for coaches to update their team's maxpreps page.

That's true on counts
    Pawnee Indians

Plus Member

Carrollton Nokomis game moved up to 5:00 today awaiting a decision to go on with it because of the wet field.

Plus Member

Calhoun defeats Pawnee 9-0 and with that they win their first ever regional title. That's an impressive win.

Plus Member

Carrollton vs Nokomis game is moved to 4:30 P.M. on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JHough View Post
    Carrollton Nokomis game moved up to 5:00 today awaiting a decision to go on with it because of the wet field.
    It's good to see teams have success in all sports and with that being said I hope Calhoun does well.
    Pawnee Indians

Plus Member

Epic game in Carrollton today:

Nokomis take a 3-1 lead in the 5th inning and seemingly in control with Andrew Herpstreith pitching on the mound. However, down 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out and a man on first, Jeremy Watson works a 1-2 count and draws a walk. Then Alex Bowker lined a double down the third base line to tie the game at 3-3. On the first pitch of the next at-bat, Kyle Waters laced a single to left field for a walk-off hit to win 4-3. It somewhat mimmicked the Cardinals Game 6 comeback.

Plus Member

Stage is set in the sectionals:

Carrollton
    vs
    Bunker Hill
    4:30 Wednesday

Valmeyer
    vs
    Calhoun
    7:00 Wednesday

Plus Member

Carrollton game story:

https://www.riverbender.com/articles...m#.WSSON1KB3EY

Great content by the JJC with a Kyle Waters interview plus the game-winning hit:

Plus Member

I think Carrollton and Valmeyer move on.

The Hawks won't get to face Stormy Coffman and they just faced Nokomis' Andrew Herpstrieth who was tough to crack on the mound. Carrollton may pitch Blake Struble instead of Kolten Bottom because he apparently has a shoulder issue. When the Hawks beat Bunker Hill 3-2, their fourth pitcher in their rotation, Gabe Jones allowed two hits, but Carrollton had trouble hitting off of Dane Sellers until the fifth inning. Bunker Hill will be going for revenge as the Hawks 10-run ruled them last season to win the regional championship.

Just like Carrollton, Valmeyer won't face Calhoun's ace, Easton Clark who has carried the Warriors pitching staff. V's lineup may be one of the best all-around in 1A as well, particulary their top half of the lineup. But, for Calhoun their bats have been hot and they won't Phillip Reinhardt, but Valmeyer has an admirable pitching staff of their own with Cole Juelfs, Andrew Whipple and Michael Chism to choose from.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast