Thread: 2017 IHSS Scholarship Winners

Founder

Post 2017 IHSS Scholarship Winners

The Administrators of IllinoisHighSchoolSports.com are proud to announce the 2017 IHSS Scholarship Winners. We thank all the outstanding applicants for making our decision so challenging.

Since May of 2004, IllinoisHighSchoolSports.com has given out roughly $50,000 in college scholarships. We are proud of our IHSS members who generously support student athletes throughout Illinois. Thank you to everyone who ultimately provides the funds to award these winners with scholarships through annual membership fees. Each year, paid members make a difference in the future academic endeavors of outstanding young people.

This year, four $500 scholarships and the $600 Steve Rheinecker Memorial Scholarship are being awarded. Please see below for a list of 2017 IllinoisHighSchoolSports.com scholarship winners!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bradley Hamilton
    Mahomet, Illinois
    Mahomet-Seymour High School

IHSS Affiliation: Sponsored by IHSS Member - Orphs

Bradley Hamilton excelled in multiple sports through his high school career. He lettered in Basketball, Baseball and Golf, earning multiple local awards including 2nd Team All-Conference in Basketball and All-Conference Honorable Mention in Baseball.

As a member of both the National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society, Bradley’s academic success is also apparent. He earned an ACT score of 29 and at the time of application for the scholarship, had a GPA of 3.97 out of 4.00.

Finally, Bradley volunteered his time at multiple food banks or pantries and worked in local youth programs teaching young players the game of basketball.

Bradley will attend Illinois State University in the fall.

Cole Steward
    Salem, Illinois
    Salem High School

IHSS Affiliation: Sponsored by IHSS Member - Blitz

Salem’s Cole Steward had an outstanding athletic career at Salem Community High School. Cole lettered in four sports his junior and senior year and was captain of both the Football and Basketball teams. Cole was also appointed to the IHSA’s Play Smart Play Hard campaign which promotes health and welfare of athletes through concussion awareness education.

Academically, Cole is a member of the National Honor Society and was ranked in the upper 15% of his graduating class.

Outside of school, Cole volunteered at a food pantry, read to local elementary students through Literacy in the Classroom and participated in various volunteer activities at his church.

Cole will attend Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in the fall.

Dominic Loos
    Pinckneyville, Illinois
    Pinckneyville Community High School

IHSS Affiliation: Sponsored by IHSS Member - honest observer

Dominic Loos was a successful three sport athlete at Pinckneyville Community High School. Dominic participated in the Football, Basketball and Track programs over his high school career.

Academically, Dominick has been commended for his diligent work ethic, decision making, and initiative by staff members at PCHS. He was a member of the Student Council as well.

His volunteer activities include service hours at the Perry County Sportsman’s Club and DuQuoin State Fair Back Seat driving event.

Dominic will attend Rend Lake College.

Jaiden Jarrard
    Athens, Illinois
    Athens High School

IHSS Affiliation: Sponsored by IHSS Member - Sandman

Jaiden Jarrard’s athletic career included participation in three sports at Athens High School. She participated in Volleyball, Basketball and Softball, earning multiple local awards and serving as the captain of the Volleyball and Basketball teams.

Jaiden’s success went beyond athletics, as she served as Class Secretary and was a member of the National Honor Society. Jaiden has also named a 2017 Illinois State Scholar and was awarded a Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizen Award.

Finally, Jaiden supported her community through participation in basketball and volleyball camps for youth, Toys for Tots drives, and by volunteering for the Salvation Army and at her church.

Jaiden will attend St. Ambrose University in the fall.

Steven Rheinecker Memorial Scholarship

Briar Napier
    Chrisman, Illinois
    Chrisman High School

IHSS Affiliation: Sponsored by IHSS Member - Fritzgerald

Brian Napier experienced success in multiple sports during his high school career. He participated in both Basketball and Cross Country, and was captain of the JV Basketball team.

Beyond athletics, Brian is co-editor of the Chrisman High School Yearbook and a member of the Chess Club. He earned an ACT score of 29, was a National Finalist in the National History Bee and has won awards for Sports Writing and Info Graphics at the IHSA Journalism State Finals.

Brian’s volunteer activities include service at a senior living facility, his church, and working at the Alumni Tournament on behalf of the Athletic Booster Club.

Brian will attend the University of Missouri in the fall as a journalism major and has already shown success in this field. He writes articles and takes photographs as a freelance sports correspondent for multiple publications.

We wish Brian and all the other scholarship winners continued success.

Plus Member

I am sure Jaiden will send a thank you letter, but on my behalf I would like to thank all of the other IHSS members for making these scholarships possible for not only my step-daughter, but for the other student-athletes as well.

Congratulations to all the winners. Good luck as you embark on your next adventure in life.
    I love the sports!

Plus Member

Thanks to IHSS for awarding these scholarships and for choosing my son Bradley as one of the 2017 recipients. He was surprised and happy when I texted him today--it is much appreciated. Congratolations to all the kids and good luck to them next year.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.---Omar Little

My name is Sip Rogers.
    I go to Abraham Lincoln High School.
    I play the two-spot.
    We're the Railspllitters, and nobody's ****in' with us.

I'm rollin' like a Big Shot.

Congratulations to all!

Plus Member

Congrats to the 2017 winners. Each of you are well-deserving and have proven that hard work does pay off. I wish each of you much success in your future educational endeavors. I am pleased to have the platform of this IHSS website to help some young people further themselves. As my father said "education is the BEST investment." Keep up the good work!

Plus Member

Congratulations to the scholarship winners! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Plus Member

Jaiden interviewed and was accepted into the fast-track physical therapy program at St. Ambrose. They accept only a certain number of interviewees per year. She should have her doctorate in 5 and a 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Jaiden interviewed and was accepted into the fast-track physical therapy program at St. Ambrose. They accept only a certain number of interviewees per year. She should have her doctorate in 5 and a 1/2 years.
    That is awesome! Congratulations to Jaiden!

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by D-SAR View Post
    That is awesome! Congratulations to Jaiden!
    Thank you!

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post

Awesome. Love to hear stories like this!

Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by TMAY View Post
    Awesome. Love to hear stories like this!
    We are very proud of her.