IllinoisHighSchoolSports.com  

Go Back   IllinoisHighSchoolSports.com > Soccer > Class 1A-3A Boys Soccer

Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #31
buds13
Bronze Club - Nov 16, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsoccer11 View Post
Congrats to Pana!

Interesting discussion about the future for Pana. My prediction......football will continue to qualify for the playoffs and soccer will become competitive in the conference in the very near future.
how good is the conference?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
bcsoccer11
Bronze Club - Sept 25, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by buds13 View Post
how good is the conference?
With Marquette out of the SCC, you are left with mostly rural class A schools. Teams in the SCC can rise and fall with the addition of a handful or even just one club soccer player. I'd guess a few Pana soccer players do/will play out of Decatur with MidState.

I'd compare the strength of the conference to be similar to the strength in SCC football. Litchfield and Carlinville in particular have had postseason success in recent years. Even with Marquette in the league, Litchfield, Carlinville, Greenville, and Hillsboro have challenged for or won the SCC title in recent years.
bcsoccer11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #33
Hackman4CyYoung
Gold Club - Dec 5, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by buds13 View Post
1. How many times has Hillsboro made the playoff in football and won a soccer regional? According to IHSA website recordss Plains has made the playoffs in football one time and has a record of 26-56. So explain to me how those are good football teams? At the same time Plains has had 1 winning record in soccer since 2005 (football added in 03). Now 10-11 and 11-12 records aren't listed, but they did win a regional in 11. So I think just looking at the records one could argue that adding football at Plains hurt the soccer program. I don't see as you said that Plains is having good teams in both of these at the same time.

2. It does matter when numbers are down and teams are losing what often happens.?Coaches get fired.

3. There is at least 1 who played football and maybe a couple of others. Not sure if they had gone out in the past or not. The talk is the one wasn't going out for football even if their was no soccer. Who knows, he is actually playing both golf and soccer so that is good. The impact on football won't happen right away, as the Soph-Sr. have never had the choice so some have given up on soccer awhile agao, and others like football so they are sticking with it. It will be interesting to see what happens down the road. Will some of these players stick with youth soccer longer now that they have the option in high school? Will they then choose to stay with soccer in high school insted of football. That is when the true test will be.
That's incorrect, as for whatever reason IHSA doesn't have Plain's 09-10 and 10-11 records, which were both well over .500. In fact, the 10-11 team was one of the best non-Rochester Class A teams I've ever seen in Central Illinois.

If a football team is under-performing and a coach gets fired because of it, I don't think 1-2 kids who chose soccer over football were going to make a difference. Isn't the football team losing those couple of kids worth it to give another 15+ a chance to participate in a fall sport? That's what high school sports are all about correct?

F.C. South Central -

www.facebook.com/fcsouthcentral

http://www.eteamz.com/fcsouthcentral/
Hackman4CyYoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #34
Hackman4CyYoung
Gold Club - Dec 5, 2014

And congrats to Pana on their first victory, especially with it coming this early in their inaugural season.

F.C. South Central -

www.facebook.com/fcsouthcentral

http://www.eteamz.com/fcsouthcentral/
Hackman4CyYoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
buds13
Bronze Club - Nov 16, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackman4CyYoung View Post
That's incorrect, as for whatever reason IHSA doesn't have Plain's 09-10 and 10-11 records, which were both well over .500. In fact, the 10-11 team was one of the best non-Rochester Class A teams I've ever seen in Central Illinois.

If a football team is under-performing and a coach gets fired because of it, I don't think 1-2 kids who chose soccer over football were going to make a difference. Isn't the football team losing those couple of kids worth it to give another 15+ a chance to participate in a fall sport? That's what high school sports are all about correct?
Yes I said the information wasn't posted on the IHSA website. What you haven't done is shown me that Plains has had good soccer and football teams at the same time as you claimed they have.

A team can have a bad record and not be under-performing.